Problems with ICP and AutoSampler

On Thursday we experienced some minor setbacks. Instead of manually testing each sample on the Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) machine, we used the AutoSampler. Unfortunately, someone attached the wrong bucket to the AutoSampler rinser. This bucket contained ICP waste instead of nanopure water. Once we were alerted to this problem, we were forced to dump all of test tubes since they were contaminated. We still have more sample solution, but this unforeseen error set us back a day.

The tainted group of samples. Poured out, but never forgotten.

Today, we changed our strategy and fixed the errors which were plaguing our results. So far, everything is running great and we are getting some great feedback. Next week we will know the exact elemental concentrations of our samples.

Comments are closed.